Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Quaint visit to Swiss Village USA


For Memorial Day weekend we went to New Glarus WI. My parents always wanted to go and we have heard great things about this tourist town. In college, my best friend introduced me to Spotted Cow beer which is brewed in this adorable little town. My parents were interested in seeing th Swiss Heritage and Ken wanted to go and see the New Glarus Brewery as he is interested in brewing his own. The brewery tour was self guided and we were able to do a tasting of beers. Our favorites were Moon Man, Spotted Cow and Two Women. Ken asked a lot of questions and I saw a lot of equipment that was familiar to me as I work in a manufacturing plant.
We stayed at Chalet Landhaus which is mountain style hotel that matched perfectly with the town's theme. It looks exactly like the places I stayed in when I went to camp in the mountain town of Zakopane, Poland. The Chalet had a hot tub, pool, steam room and sauna.
We went to town and checked out the Music Fest that was going on. We loved all the cute shops especially the blumgarten which was a garden shop with the most beautiful and expensive pots!
On Sunday we went to the Swiss church that had been there since the 1800s. We went to brewery, on a nature hike and out to dinner a few times. We will definitely go back again. Everyone had a good time and we couldn't believe how close it was and how easy of a drive it was to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment