Saturday, May 23, 2015

Buddy Ted

Whoever said that diamonds are a girls best friend never owned a dog. My heart is so full of love for my rescue dog, Buddy Ted that it could explode. About two weeks ago we looked at petfinder just to see what was out there. Ken fell in love with a 95 lb yellow lab named Buddy. 
There are two yellow labs in our neighborhood that Kenny admired and always referred to them as Ted (since we didn't know their names and per Kenny they both looked they should be named Ted). We decided to learn more about Buddy and liked everything we heard. He's good with other dogs and cats, his previous owners moved to California and couldn't take him with. Buddy was being fostered by a really nice family in Bloomington. On Wednesday we went up to meet him, by 9pm that night he was home with us. ❤️

Buddy was supposed to be Ken's dog but he took to me and I took to him. we go on two walks a day, we play tug of war and I brush him. He loves getting scratched and brushed. Kenny will wrestle with him. I feel extremely lucky and blessed. In the last few days Buddy has brought me so much joy and that joy is pouring out into other aspects of my life.
We changed his name from Buddy to Buddy Ted as Kenny wanted a lab named Ted. The man that fostered him was also named Ted so it was fate. 

I love this text message thread because well... He misses mom. 
We walked across the blacktop to sawgrass kennels. Earlier that morning we met Bub, a four year old yellow lab at the park. His owners own the kennel so we went to visit the other doggies and kitties. When we go on our summer trips we will kennel him there. We plan to take him on walks there so he can get used to it. 
He loves to play tug of war and is extremely strong. I want to get him a harness so I can have a better handle on him when we walk. He is also older so I don't want to strain his neck. He is sweet, fairly obedient, kind, he doesn't jump, knows to stay in his area and doesn't bark. 
He loves to sit in the yard, he's got such an inviting smile and he loves us to pieces. We love him too.
❤️home is where the dog is❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment